Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie

What you need:

1- 9in. pie shell in a 9 in. pie plate
You can make your own but I now take the easy way out and get them at the grocery.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. I take the top rack out, and put pie on middle shelf.

1 and 1/3 cup canned dry packed pumpkin
1 and 1/2 cup milk (I use skim)
3 Large Eggs
1 cup of sugar or Splenda, I use it because I am diabetic
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 1/4 tsp cinnamon (level)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves

Dump everything in a bowl and mix with a wire whip. Next pour into your shell and put into oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Check if the crust is getting brown. Make hole in a piece of aluminum foil so it will cover about 1 and 1/2 inches on the outside, and lay on pie.

Now if you are lucky enough to have a pie shield, now is the time to use it because a burned crust will ruin the best pie. Finish baking for about 20 minutes, check the center. It should be firm.

No comments: