Tuesday, October 7, 2008

An Incredibly Easy Wintertime Comfort Food

Well here it is October already. I wonder if your year has passed as quick as mine has. It seems like only yesterday that we were taking down our Christmas lights and now it is about time to start putting them back up. We have about 40,000. It takes me a while to do it. Betty won’t let me get on top of the house or on our Gazebo, which I make into a crown. Next to it is our martin gourds that are on a 20 ft. pole that will let down to clean. I remove the cross arms with the gourds and add a 12 ft pole with a 8 ft. lighted star mounted to it. It takes 4 good men to stand it up. I try to have it all set and ready by Thanksgiving. Enough of that.

Here in East Tennessee it dropped down to the low 40s. That makes me think of comfort food. This is one that we had when I was a child. You can let each person make there own, with a little help. Maybe I should have started with a chili recipe! We will do that the next time and call it, "The rest of the story."

Try this. You will ALL like it.


CHILI and CHIPS

It started out with fried cornbread way back yonder. It was known as a chili stack.

Then in 1982 at the World's Fair here in Knoxville, Tennessee, they started using Fritos corn chips and called it Petros. Now we just call it Chili and Chips.

What you'll need:

Chili that is boiling hot
Corn chips, whatever kind you like
Shredded cheese
Chopped Bell peppers (any color)
Chopped onions (purple)
Chopped onions (green)
Chopped tomatoes
Chopped celery
Sour cream

Put the chips in your bowl.
Add cheese, and then pour your boiling chili over it and it will melt.
Then add what ever veggies you want. Top it off with a heaping tablespoon of sour cream.

No comments: